Abbeville General Hospital is hiring for a Housekeeping Director Position: Full time Housekeeping Director Position for day shift (8a – 4:30p). Duties include administration of all housekeeping related duties in accordance with protocols established by the hospital, recommended by the chemical manufactures and within the guidelines of Centers for Disease Control, to ensure the maintenance of a safe and effective working environment. Responsibilities include completion of all assigned administrative duties to include the timely reporting go housekeeping related data, conducting monthly department meetings, monitor and maintain all applicable employee training and financial management to include budget preparation and maintenance.
Housekeeping Director Required Experience:
- Biohazard waste certification to be maintained (must obtain in concurrence with Housekeeping Department Orientation within 20 days of hire) and renewed per current regulations.
- Previous management/supervisory experience required. Capable of supervising and coordinating activities with personnel. Extensive knowledge of Floor care processes (stripping and waxing) and general housekeeping standards. General knowledge of safety protocols and regulations.
Housekeeping Director Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent with a minimum of 5 years’ experience required. Bachelors’ Degree or Special courses in Housekeeping or Institutional Management or equivalent experience preferred. Internal continuing education required.
Housekeeping Director Physical Requirements:
- Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis.
- May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas.
Housekeeping Director Benefits Include:
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Retirement Plans
- Paid sick days and vacation days
- Paid holidays