Abbeville, LA 70510
Abbeville General Hospital is hiring for a Director of Materials Management Position: Full time Director Position for day shift (8a – 4:30p). Responsible for overseeing and directing the operations of the Materials Management Department related to property management, purchasing, receiving, storage, inventory control and printing. Ensures efficient and cost effective acquisition, utilization, distribution and maintenance of equipment and supplies used throughout the institution. Assists in ensuring that services provided within the department are a part of the institution’s overall marketing plan and that he/she is marketing the department’s services (internally and externally) in such a manner as to create additional quality and/or increased volumes of new services for the community.
Director of Materials Management Required Experience:
· Previous management/supervisory experience required. Two (2) years of experience in supervising the purchasing, receiving, storing and issuing of supplies and materials in a Healthcare organization.
Director of Materials Management Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent with undergraduate degree in Business of Accounting.
Director of Materials Management Physical Requirements:
· Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis.
· May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas.
Director of Materials Management Benefits Include:
· Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
· Short Term Disability
· Voluntary Term Life
· Retirement Plans
· Paid sick days and vacation days
· Paid holidays