Abbeville, LA 70510
Abbeville General Hospital is hiring for a Food Service Supervisor Position: Full-time Food Service Supervisor Position for Food & Nutrition Department for day shift (10:42a – 7:12p). Responsible for cost-effective management of all food service activities within hospital and departmental policies and procedures to achieve hospital and departmental quality standards along with customer satisfaction. Daily temperature checks and maintains equipment logs, assures accurate cash handling of cash register, adequately staffs the shifts based on needs, training of new employees and performance evaluations. Team worker with customer relations skills, have stable work history and good references.
Food Service Supervisor Required Experience:
· Minimum 1 year experience of supervisory food service experience in an acute care or extended care facility for CDM or 3 to 5 years of experience for non-CDM.
Food Service Supervisor Educational Requirements:
· GED or high school graduate.
· Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) preferred.
Food Service Supervisor Physical Requirements:
· Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
· May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas
Food Service Supervisor Benefits Include:
· Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
· Short Term Disability
· Voluntary Term Life
· Retirement Plans
· Paid sick days and vacation days
· Paid holidays