Abbeville, LA 70510
Abbeville General Hospital is hiring for a Cook Position: Full-time Cook Position for Food & Nutrition Department for day shift (10:40a – 7:10p and 6:00a – 2:30p). Responsibilities include preparation and cooking foods for patients, cafeteria customers and others as directed while following standard practices, procedures, and complying with regulatory requirements. Team worker with customer relations skills, have stable work history and good references.
Cook Required Experience:
· Previous experience in quantity food preparation preferred.
Cook Educational Requirements:
· GED or high school graduate.
Cook Physical Requirements:
· Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
· May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas
Cook Benefits Include:
· Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
· Short Term Disability
· Voluntary Term Life
· Retirement Plans
· Paid sick days and vacation days
· Paid holidays