Abbeville, LA 70510
Abbeville General Hospital is hiring for a Utilization Reviewer/Chart Analyst Position: Full time Utilization Reviewer/Chart Analyst Position for day shifts from 8:00a – 4:30p. Responsibilities include review and screen patient charts following admission and every day thereafter to identify potentially inappropriate admissions, continued stays, and appropriate levels of care, using comprehensive screening methods while maintaining documentation of all such screening. Must demonstrate appropriate clinical knowledge to assist physicians and staff to insure that appropriate documentation is present to justify the medical necessity for admission or continued stay at the appropriate level of care.
Utilization Reviewer/Chart Analyst Required Experience:
· Minimum of two (2) years as a Medical/Surgical Nurse or comparable experience preferred.
Utilization Reviewer/Chart Analyst Educational Requirements:
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
· Current registration with the State of Louisiana or comparable certification preferred.
Utilization Reviewer/Chart Analyst Physical Requirements:
· Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
· May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas
Utilization Reviewer/Chart Analyst Benefits Include:
· Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
· Short Term Disability
· Voluntary Term Life
· Retirement Plans
· Paid sick days and vacation days
· Paid holidays