Abbeville General Hospital is hiring for a Health Information Management Coder II Position: Full time Coder for day shift (8:00 am to 4:30 pm) Monday to Friday. $5000 Sign on Bonus.
HIM Coder II Required Experience:
- Minimum one year experience in ICD-10-CM and CPT-4, in an acute care facility coding Outpatient medical records for APC assignment. Experience assigning Evaluation and Management codes for professional fees desired.
- Previous experience in coding diagnoses for psychiatric hospital rounds preferred.
HIM Coder II Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCA or CPC credential required.
HIM Coder II Physical Requirements:
- Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
- May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas.
HIM Coder II Benefits Include:
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Retirement Plans
- Paid sick days and vacation days
- Paid holidays