Abbeville General Hospital is hiring for a Maintenance Director Position: Full time Maintenance Director Position for day shift (8a – 4:30p). Administers and directs program to maintain building, grounds and equipment. As a department manager, is responsible for administering safety programs and enforcing safety regulations. Broad knowledge of security systems, procedures and enforcement codes. Established and administers preventive maintenance program, analyze costs and work schedules, sets priorities, expedites operations and repairs.
Maintenance Director Required Experience:
- Medical Gas Installers Certification and/or Master Plumbers License.
- Previous Management/Supervisory experience in hospital facility management preferred.
Maintenance Director Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience at the skilled level in the building construction trade.
- Advanced Education in related field preferred.
Maintenance Director Physical Requirements:
- Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis.
- May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas.
Maintenance Director Benefits Include:
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Retirement Plans
- Paid sick days and vacation days
- Paid holidays