Abbeville, LA 70510
We are looking for a dependable Pharmacy Technician that will process and fill prescriptions. You will undertake other tasks under the direction of a pharmacist to provide excellent customer service and ensure the pharmacy runs smoothly. As a pharmacy technician you must be detail-oriented and reliable since the job has high responsibility. You must possess excellent communication skills as well as aptitude in using computers. Experience in a clinic or hospital setting preferred.
- Sterilize surfaces and equipment and prepare the pharmacy for opening
- Greet customers and answer questions
- Receive prescriptions and check their validity
- Process prescriptions electronically and ensure all information is complete and accurate
- Resolve issues when they arise (e.g. rejected insurance claims)
- Select the appropriate medicine and measure dosages to fill prescriptions
- Sort, stock, label medication and monitor inventory
- Undertake administrative tasks (e.g.record-keeping) as assigned
- Comply with all security measures and quality standards
- Proven experience as pharmacy technician
- Knowledge of medication and dosage measurement
- Knowledge of pharmacy law and medical terminology
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Reliable with a keen eye for detail
- Current Active LA Board of Pharmacy Licensure.
- Board Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) preferred.