Abbeville General Hospital is hiring for a Licensed Social Worker (LCSW or LMSW) Position: Full time Licensed Social Worker for Med/Surg Unit. Collects social service referrals, meet with patient and family to identify psychosocial needs, initiate social services treatment plan and goals, educate patients and families on illness, resources. Document all interventions on a regular basis. Work closely with all other disciplines on patient care; attend periodic (weekly on medical and PHP, daily at the BMC) unit meetings with other disciplines to discuss treatment and discharge plans. Take active role in discharge planning. Work with other agencies on behalf of the patient. Maintain monthly statistics for evaluation. Skills include good communication, documentation, and organization skills. Ability to deal with co-workers, patients, families, and third parties to provide appropriate services. Must respect confidentiality of patient information. Maintain monthly statistics for evaluation, as assigned. Must be willing and able to cover all social service areas including the BMC, partial and medical social worker roles, as assigned.
Licensed Social Worker (LCSW or LMSW) Required Experience:
- Minimum one (1) year experience in Social Work preferred.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Superior communication skills with staff required.
Licensed Social Worker (LCSW or LMSW) Educational Requirements:
- Current/Active LCSW or LMSW Licensure
- Masters Degree in Social Work
Licensed Social Worker (LCSW or LMSW) Physical Requirements:
- Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis.
- May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas.
Licensed Social Worker (LCSW or LMSW) Benefits Include:
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Retirement Plans
- Paid sick days and vacation days
- Paid holidays