Abbeville, LA 70510
Abbeville General Hospital is hiring for a Medical Assistant Position: Temporary – Full time Medical Assistant Position for Urgent Care for day/evening shift (8a – 8p).
Medical Assistant Required Experience:
· Previous experience in a medical practice or clinic setting preferred.
· Medical coding knowledge required.
Medical Assistant Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Certificate of completion from an accredited medical assistant program required.
Medical Assistant Physical Requirements:
· Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
· May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas
Medical Assistant Benefits Include:
· Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
· Short Term Disability
· Voluntary Term Life
· Retirement Plans
· Paid sick days and vacation days
· Paid holidays