Abbeville, LA 70510
Abbeville General Hospital is hiring for a Purchasing Coordinator Position: Responsible for placing orders for Materials Management and all hospital departments. Tasked with day to day coordination and disposition of all hospital purchasing functions or procedures per policy, including, but not limited to order assimilation, scheduling and expedition, data maintenance, vendor relations and problem recognition / resolution, inventory control and any other departmental duties as assigned to include distribution of hospital supplies via supply carts, supply requisition processing, and tagging of chargeable items when necessary.
Purchasing Coordinator Required Experience:
· Minimum five (5) years experience purchasing experience, hospital/medical experience preferred.
Purchasing Coordinator Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
Purchasing Coordinator Physical Requirements:
· Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis.
· May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas.
Purchasing Coordinator Benefits Include:
· Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
· Short Term Disability
· Voluntary Term Life
· Retirement Plans
· Paid sick days and vacation days
· Paid holidays