Note: You can can either fill the form out below or download the application and mail it in if you prefer. The address is located within the document.Download Now
In order for a student to be eligible for applying for the scholarship, he/she must be:
- U.S. Citizen
- Vermilion Parish resident
- A Junior or Senior in the study of Nursing at an accredited school of Nursing located in the United States to become a Registered Nurse.
- Maintains a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Supports the mission of Abbeville General by intending to remain in the community to provide Nursing care close to home
- Exemplifies leadership qualities
Amount of Scholarship
The Nursing scholarship, in the value of $500 per semester, shall be payable for courses related to pursing licensure as a registered nurse, and for the purpose of defraying the costs of tuition and other related expenses and costs of attending school.
Eligible applicants will be determined by a committee consisting of the Chief Nursing Officer, Director of Human Resources, 3 Nursing Managers, and a representative of the Sellers family. At maximum, two (2) scholarship recipients will be awarded per year.
The following documents must be submitted with the attached application:
- Certification from College Registrar of Student’s GPA and Status
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- From a counselor or Professor of the college the student is attending
- From a Vermilion Parish Community Leader or Employer
- Brief Essay on how your leadership skills and qualities can prove instrumental in providing compassionate Nursing care close to home.