Our mission is to offer a message of hope to each and every person in Vermilion Parish and surrounding parishes who are struggling to pay for their medical services.
No one will be denied access to services due to an inability to pay. We offer a discounted/sliding fee schedule.
To apply for Sliding Fee Scale (also known as Uncompensated Care) please click on the link below, print and fill out the Financial Assistance Application and return it to the address listed on the application with the required documents listed at the bottom of this page. You may also submit your application in person to the Financial Assistance Office, located in the Business Office.
Abbeville General is also a Certified Medicaid Application Center.
Please contact us at (337) 898-6593 if you would like to apply for financial assistance.
Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM.
- Financial Assistance Application
- Financial Assistance Application (Spanish)
- Financial Assistance Application (Vietnamese)
Documents required for these programs are:
- Previous 3 months proof of income for everyone in the household. Examples–paycheck stubs, letter from employer stating gross monthly income, copy of social security income letter/check, rental income receipts. OR
- Previous year Federal income tax returns (1040s), including schedule C if self employed or business owner.