All patients of Abbeville General will be afforded the opportunity to obtain information on hospital charges, as well as a reasonable individual charge estimate for services provided by this facility, in compliance with the Affordable Care Act, Section 2718(e) of the Public Service Act.
WHERE TO GET CHARGE INFORMATION
The website lahospitalinform.org is sponsored by the Louisiana Hospital Association. The site was created to provide basic demographic, quality, and pricing information on Louisiana hospitals. An advanced search on this website can be performed for Abbeville General and information containing pricing on common diagnoses and procedures and inpatient services and outpatient services can be accessed.
HOW TO GET AN ESTIMATE FOR A SPECIFIC PROCEDURE/ TEST
To get information on charges for services you may be scheduling with us, inquiries may be directed to our Centralized Scheduler at (337) 898-6597 during normal business hours from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Please keep in mind the information provided is only an estimate of charges and does not represent payments or individual patient responsibility. Abbeville General’s charges are the same for all patients, but your responsibility will vary depending on your health insurance plan, if applicable, and the individual services provided to you. Also, charges for physician fees such as surgeon, pathologist, radiologist, etc., will not be included. These charges will be billed separately by the specific provider. Due to these factors, estimates are not exact and cannot be interpreted as a bill or exact cost for services.
So estimates are as accurate as possible, please be prepared to provide:
- Detailed description of the test(s)/procedures being ordered by the doctor.
- Doctor’s name and office phone number.
- Insurance information, if any, including insurance company name and phone number, policy holder name, policy number and group number located on the insurance card.
The hospital estimate will provide the patient with the following:
- The estimated financial responsibility for the procedure/services based on the average charge for the procedure/services.
- Patients with health insurance will be quoted an estimated amount that will be due to the hospital based on the deductible, co-pay or co-insurance amounts established by their health insurance plan.
- Patients who do not have health insurance will be quoted an estimated amount that will be due to the hospital.
A Financial Aid Coordinator is available to discuss with patients their eligibility to certain programs like Medicaid or for financial assistance.