The Food and Nutrition Services Department serves you balanced, nutritious, and appetizing meals according to the diet prescribed by your physician. Meals are prepared and served in a safe and sanitary environment. A selective menu is offered each day with the next day’s meal choices.
The hours of foodservice are from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm, 7 days a week. A Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm to provide clinical nutrition services.
As part of the medical team, the RDN’s responsibilities include:
- identification of patients at nutrition risk in collaboration with nursing
- completion of the nutrition assessment for patients identified to be at nutrition risk
- determination of the nutrition diagnosis
- development and implementation of the nutrition intervention(s)
- monitoring and evaluation of the patient’s progress toward nutrition goal(s)
Abbey Cafe, located on the first floor south of the main lobby, serves good, home-style meals and is open to both visitors and staff during these hours:
- Breakfast 7:00 am – 10:00 am
- Dinner 11:00 am – 1:45 pm
- Supper 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm
- Breakfast 8:00 am – 10:00 am
- Dinner 11:00 am – 1:15 pm
- Supper 5:15 pm – 6:30 pm
Guest meal trays to be delivered to patient rooms may be ordered through the nursing unit. Each meal is $6.00 and must be paid for in advance.
The Business Office Cashier accepts cash, checks, and credit cards between the hours of 8:00AM-4:30PM, Monday-Friday
Pediatric Complimentary Meals
One complimentary meal tray per meal is provided to the parent or guardian staying with a child age 14 years and under.
Vending machines are located on the 1st floor in the main lobby and in the adjacent vending area as well as on 3rd floor in the 3rd Floor North solarium.