The Volunteer Services at Abbeville General have been suspended.
Tree of Life/ Scholarship Program
The Volunteers unveiled the Tree of Life, which is located in the main lobby of the hospital, on February 29, 1996. The leaves on the tree represent donations in memory of a deceased loved one or to honor the living.
Donations from the Tree of Life are dedicated to a Scholarship Program for college students enrolled in a healthcare-related curriculum.
Who May Apply for the Scholarship Program:
- Any college student who has attained at least Junior Year status and has:
- Lived in Vermilion Parish for a period of two (2) consecutive years,
- Enrolled in a healthcare-related field at an accredited college or university in the State of Louisiana or an accredited online college or university.
- Completed enough hours to be a Junior or Senior, and
- Maintained a 3.0 GPA or higher.
You may download the application for the Scholarship Program sponsored by the Abbeville General Hospital Volunteer Organization.